Preparing your Health Center for SBIRT Implementation (SBIRT-IP)
Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) is designed to provide universal screening, prevention, and early intervention and treatment within health care settings for people who have risky or hazardous alcohol and/or drug use. This extended online learning series will provide 16 hours of instruction for healthcare providers establishing or currently implementing SBIRT in their agency. Through virtual, interactive learning, participants will receive real-time performance feedback related to their current use and implementation strategies of SBIRT with an emphasis on integrating brief interventions into current services and workflow. This is not a webinar series and active participation to gain/improve skills are required.
Every Tuesday, January 25 – March 8, 2022 from 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. (PT)
• Learn foundational knowledge on core aspects essential to SBIRT
• Be able to identify drug and alcohol screening tools for use in general, pregnant, or adolescent populations in a health care setting.
• Demonstrate a brief intervention utilizing the FLO algorithm.
• Understand and utilize a warm handoff to facilitate referral for high risk substance use behavior.
• Identify at least two implementation strategies towards integration that could be used in a health care setting.
• Discuss sustainability of SBIRT in a Health Care setting.
• Identify the signs of compassion fatigue in the workplace.
This Training is Intended for the Following Audience:
Community Health Workers, Medical Assistants, Nurses and Behavioral Health Providers located in Nevada. Currently using SBIRT or in the process of implementing SBIRT in a healthcare setting.
Participant Commitment & Expectations:
• Access to appropriate technology to utilize Zoom videoconferencing platform (internet connection, webcam, laptop/tablet, speakers and microphone)
• Attend a one-hour online Orientation on January 25, 2022 at 12:00 pm
• Commit to 6-weeks of online training for 1.5 hours weekly from Feb 1 – March 8, 2022
• Complete weekly self-study learning activities
Christina Boyd, LSCSW, LCAC
There is No Cost to Participate:
The first 35 registrants will receive a waiver that covers the entire $350 cost of participation. Due to limited enrollment, if you cannot commit to the full participant requirements, please defer this registration opportunity to others.
Registrants enrolled in this series are expected to attend all sessions. In addition, it is expected that participants will have access to the appropriate technology by Feb 8th in order to fully participate and be on camera at least 90% of the time. This is not a webinar series and active participation to gain/improve skills are required.
Continuing Education This series has been approved for a total of 15 contact hours (includes 9 hours of instruction, 5 hours of assignments, and 1 hour for the Orientation Session) through the following professional associations: NEVADA – Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug & Gambling Counselors; Nevada State Board of Nursing; Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Professional Counselors; State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers. NATIONAL – National Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC), International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC), and the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) ACEP No. 6492. No credit will be awarded for non-attendance or partial attendance. The knowledge and skills learned should be applied within the framework of any applicable Operating and/or Credentialing regulations in your State of practice.
Please contact the Workwise Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 775-784-6265 or 866-617-2816 (toll-free).